Monday, February 9, 2009

Hau'oli la hanau!


A number of years ago, my beloved Alison was brought into the world.

I thought "There's no way I'm getting up early enough to beat any Minnesotans to being the first to say happy birthday." So I cheated and did it before I went to bed at about midnight. She was half asleep and I think smiling. I left some flowers and peanut butter M&Ms for her to wake up to.

After work, we met up and went to PF Changs for dinner. Lettuce wraps and Changs spicy chicken...good enough? Nope, we boldly (read: foolishly) took on the Great Wall of chocolate. We maaaaaaybe got through a third of it...thus the leftovers bag she is holding.

It was a good night to be together. Celebrating life and being excited about sharing our lives. Ali and I are going to Hawaii on Thursday where I am sure we will celebrate more.

No comments:

Post a Comment