Saturday, March 27, 2010

What the effleurage?!

Today Ali and I attended Pre-Birth Class. There was a lot of information, and a lot, a lot of visuals. Phew. We tried some massage techniques for "coaches" (as the fathers were referred to) to perform on the moms. I think that was Alis favorite part of the whole day. My favorite part was when we got to lay on the floor and practice breathing and helping the women to relax. It took every bit of effort not to doze off at this part of the class. Our instructor shut off all the lights and played these ocean wave sounds while we laid down. This also happened at the very end of a 7 or 8-hour class so...the tiredness was setting in something serious by then. It was the perfect storm. Don’t worry…I stayed awake and absorbed everything I need to know to be a good “coach” during the labor and delivery. All set, right? Well maybe not totally but I do feel a little more prepared than I was before.

It was interesting to be in a room full of expecting parents and see the excitement/fear on everyones face as our instructor (who seemed to love her job more than she knew how to contain) discussed epidurals, back labor, crowning, the babys’ first poop and its creosote like resemblance, and why the baby will look like a conehead/alien when it comes out. Lots to take in, you know? It was reassuring for me to know that I am not the only one freaking out a little bit.

Anyways, class is complete. Doctors appointment this past week was good, as usual. Ali and Kiki are good. I am good. Things are great.

PEACE

PS- My tattoo appointment got cancelled...bummer.

PSS- I will be working my hardest to get Ali to do the next update...I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment