Sunday, January 5, 2014

We're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

See what I did there?  The title said we were back...so I added pictures...of our backs.  Heyooooo!  Okay, anyway, I am here writing as part of an intention (versus a resolution) I have for 2014: to re-start up this blog and keep our peeps updated with the going-ons of our clan.  We have been on this ride with this blog for some time.  There have been times of plenty and times of drought....the goal of this run is consistency.  Regular, timely, succinct yet thorough posts so that friends and family from all over can know what's up with us.  Deal?  Deal.  I've consulted Ali and she's been convinced (read: coerced) into agreeing to write more frequently than any of our other attempts.  It will be one of our many partner projects for the year.  Alrighty, enough with the preface/disclaimer/subtle accountability request...on with the blogging.

It has been an eternity so I will give you two highlights in a quick and dirty version of an update:

-The fam-a-lam has once again moved across country and we are now in Tacoma, WA.  The west coast was callin' and we heard her song.  We have wafted our way back to Washington state but this time to the west side of the mountains.  Our friends Hal and Anna are here which makes for having awesome neighbors.  I stayed with them before I found a place (and while Ali and the kids were in Minnesota for the summer) so I still refer to them affectionately as former roommates.  Tacoma is beautiful!  Yes it rains a lot here but that keeps everything really green.  And the rain isn't bad, it's more misty than anything.  There are a lot of parks for the kids, approximately five frozen yogurt places within a mile and a half from where we live, and there is a zoo really close too.  Bubba loves that part the most I think.  We found a little house that we rent about a mile from work. Speaking of which...    

-I have started a new position at the University of Puget Sound as of August.  I am an Assistant Director of Residence Life here and am working with operations.  It has been a good position and I have connected well with lots of staff and students at the institution.  The campus is immaculate (thanks to our award-winning Grounds crew) and there are some very high-caliber professionals I get to rub shoulders with.  I'm new to the position so there is still a lot to learn...but I am getting there.  I am officially a Logger (their mascot) and am trying my best to do the dang thing here.  

That's a short two points and we will be more thorough from here on out.  Overall, we are doing well.  Still getting settled in, figuring out our routines, and carving out life (once again) in some new surroundings.  

Blessings on your 2014!  I hope that your holiday seasons were filled with family, friends, food, and refreshment.   We will have an update on our past couple months soon...honest.

PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment